OPPORTUNITIES AT BUA
We appreciate your interest in employment with Baptist University of the Américas.
If you have questions, feel free to call 800.721.1396 or 210.924.4338
Baptist University of the Américas has the distinction of educating and training three of every four Hispanic Baptist pastors in Texas. We offer a full 4-year program of study, a superb personal scholastic environment, outstanding faculty, affordable tuition, and full range of scholarships and financial assistance.
Baptist University of the Américas is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not unlawfully discriminate in its educational and employment policies on the basis of race, color, sex, age, disability, or national or ethnic origin.
FULL TIME FACULTY
BUSINESS LEADERSHIP DEPARTMENT
The Business Leadership Department at Baptist University of the Americas has positions open for two full time faculty members, focusing on business management and business leadership courses.
- Develop and support the mission, goals, and objectives of the Business Leadership Department.
- Cooperate with the university mission statement and student learning outcomes.
- Integrate into programs and courses the plans and goals of the Department of the University.
- Develop instructional content (syllabi, schedule, lesson plans, and assessment tools) for and instruct four courses per semester; course assignments may be during the day or evenings, and may include off campus locations and online education.
- Serve on faculty committees as needed.
- Remain current with the latest development of the discipline while pursuing scholarly activities.
- Provide academic advising and mentorship to Business Leadership students.
- Represent the Business Leadership Program to collegiate and professional communities.
- Collaborate with Department and other faculty in curricular and institutional development.
- Collaborate with Advancement for Department marketing and outreach initiatives.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Management Science, or graduate degree in a specific business discipline (Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, International Business, Information Systems Management, Operations Management); a PhD or equivalent is preferred.
- Active involvement as a member of a Christian local congregation.
- A Christian testimony that reflects a thorough and passionate integration of faith and learning.
- A preferred background and/or professional experience in cross-cultural activities.
- Evidence of successful undergraduate teaching of diverse student populations including both traditional and non-traditional learners (this may include classroom, blended or hybrid, and online or virtual environments).
- Experience teaching a multiplicity of interdisciplinary courses including, but not limited to: Information Systems, Project Management, Principles of Management, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Principles of Accounting, Principles of Finance, Principles of Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the discipline of Business Leadership including exposure to leadership theories, leadership assessment, motivational theories, cross-cultural leadership, critical thinking, and business ethics.
- Demonstrated abilities in serving in a small, collegial environment.
The starting date for these positions is August, 2013. The positions are open until filled. Salary will be determined by the candidates’ qualifications and teaching experience.
Interested candidates may apply for the positions by sending:
ñ Letter of intent specifying the position for which you are applying
ñ Curriculum Vitae
ñ List of three references to:
F. Marconi Monteiro, Ed. D.
Interim Executive VP & Dean of Academic Affairs
Baptist University of the Americas
8019 Pan Am Expressway
San Antonio, TX 78224
Position: Director of University Communications (DUC)
Supervisor: Vice-President for Administration and Finance/CFO
The Director of University Communications leads the University in strategic development of marketing, communications and public relations activities to generate brand awareness among new constituencies and to foster institutional loyalty, support and ongoing engagement with the University through existing relationships with alumni, churches, donors, denominational partners, staff, students and community leaders.
- Direct and supervise the Office of University Communications in delivering clear, consistent and truthful messages to both external and internal publics.
- Recruit, train and evaluate Office of University Communications student workers.
- Administer department budget, develop and recommend policies and procedures, implement and evaluate programs.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan that utilizes branding, advertising, public relations and communications strategies to ensure consistency and clarity in communicating the University’s core values, message, icons and personality.
- Coordinate the preparation of all University publications in conjunction with various department/offices, including those of the President, Admissions, Registrar, Academic Affairs, Student Development, Recruitment and Development to insure the projection of a unified University image.
- Oversee the development of internal campus communications including campus electronic newsletter, special event planning and promotion, chapel event support and campus hospitality.
- Serve as the Web site administrator and digital media strategist, supervise and train departmental staff in web content-management of web database utilization.
- Produce and distribute news releases to appropriate religious and non-religious media outlets and conduct ongoing media relations efforts.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of presidential communication pertaining to the promotional effort of the university, including advising the president on matters relating to media and public appearances, speeches and/or public statements presentations as necessary, publications, media, the Internet and letters to parents, students, donors and other constituents.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned to enhance and promote the university.
- A proven strategic/servant leader, dynamic change agent, and mature follower of Jesus Christ with sound spiritual formation habits.
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational, planning, project-management, and goal-setting skills
- Effective time management skills.
- High personal integrity and sound personal and professional ethics.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders, to build leadership.
- Have a history of collaborative leadership.
- Five or more years of successful public relations and/or marketing experience, preferably in a university setting.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills; bilingual in Spanish strongly recommended.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the use of technology to support marketing and public relations needs and programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with Texas Baptist churches, Hispanic Baptist churches and the Baptist General Convention of Texas.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to historic Baptist distinctives; the School’s missions, vision and values; and a strong appreciation of and commitment to advancing biblical higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree, and preferably a graduate degree from a recognized, accredited institution of higher learning.
- Assistant Director University Communications
- University Communications Assistant(s)
- Work-study communications assistants
- Graphic designer(s), staff or freelance
- Volunteer and interns
Address questions or submit resumes to email@example.com
Baptist University of the Americas (BUA) invites applications from individuals interested in joining our dynamic and growing University. BUA is one of the nine universities affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. BUA is accredited by the Association of Biblical and Higher Education (ABHE). We seek to foster academic excellence and the development of mature Christian professionals for service to God and human kind in the world. The university is fortunate to have an outstanding faculty that provides a quality academic experience in a distinctively Christian and inclusive setting. The University does not illegally discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, age, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.