Adjunct Lecturer of Social Work
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT: To make obtainable the maximum God-given potential of children and their families by eliminating barriers that may hinder this process
- Development Director, Latina Leadership Institute
- Director of Resident Services, Merced Housing Texas (tax credit housing)
- National Director of Church & Community Initiatives – Supervisor, staff development for community based staff in congregations in Texas, Tennessee, & Oklahoma Buckner Children & Family Services.
- Community ministry consultant, Baptist General Convention of Texas – building healthy relationships between church & community.
- Northside ISD social worker @ Gregorio Esparza Elementary School, San Antonio
- Internships with Habitat for Humanity and Walnut Street BC, church social worker in Louisville, KY.
- Caseworker for San Antonio programs in crisis pregnancy counseling, maternity care, family emergency assistance, foster care, adoption, foster group homes; Foster-Adopt bi-lingual Spanish trainer
Adjunct Lecturer of Social Work– Baptist University of the Américas
Co-Director of the Latina Leadership Institute – annual trainings & network services
- Teach classes in:
- Personal Mission Statement
- Journey of a Leader
- Organizational Health and Change
- Capstone (synopsis of the 3 year certification classes)
- San Antonio Against Slavery (SAAS) leadership team– anti-human trafficking awareness initiative & member of San Antonio Coalition against human trafficking. SAAS leads 9 public education monthly meetings & 2 annual workshops
- Baptist Health Foundation – Associate Trustee
- Diana Garland School of Social Work (Baylor U.) – Chair, board of Advocates
- Texas Christian Community Development Network – board member