BUA courses are comprised of these elements:
- Online course delivery system
- Instructional materials that include an introduction with study tips, a syllabus, and weekly lessons that guide the student into the content of each course
- Course content typically found in textbooks, lectures/lecture notes, online resources, and other supplemental materials
- Weekly asynchronous discussion forums for student-student interaction
- Faculty and staff who are student-oriented, providing a supportive and encouraging atmosphere
- Prospective students should be aware that the University’s courses are designed for weekly asynchronous interaction with course materials and with other students. University courses are 15 weeks in length. Each week has assigned interaction with course materials and with fellow students. Typically, weekly assignments are due by the end of a week. Weekly discussions may begin mid-week and continue through the weekend. In each course, students participate in learner communities where meaningful interaction with the content, fellow students, and the instructor are integral to the learning process.
- For every credit hour for a course, the student needs to student two to three hours studying. For every three-hour class, a student should study six to nine hours a week.
Technology Requirements for Online Education
Newly manufactured computers will be able to handle online education at BUA.
A computer with the following basic specs should be sufficient for online distance learning:
- 80 GB hard drive or higher
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- 0 GHz Intel or AMD processor
- Windows XP or Windows 7 or later/ OS 10.6 or later
- MS Office 2007 or later, Office 2008 (for MAC) or later
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later,
- Safari 5.0 or later
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later
- Anti-virus program (updated regularly)
- Computer microphone and speakers
- Web Camera
- High-speed Wi-Fi connection obtained either at home (preferred for the best study setting) or via an outside source, such as the library, etc.
- Google Chrome or Chrome Books are not supported